I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family (2 and 4 legged). This year I have a lot to be thankful for:
- Our barn cat Benny returned after disappearing for a week. Lucky for us, he only needed to spend 3 nights inside. I wanted to be confident he didn’t have any health issues that needed monitoring. During his indoor stay, he made himself at home laying on my neck and face. This inspired the nickname “Neck Scarf.”
- All of our animals are happy, healthy, and have only minor behavioral issues. For example: Benny chews on blankets, Marley whines when she wants to go for a run while I drive the ATV, and Tully makes coyote noises during the night).
- Everyone has warm beds. The barn cats have insulated beds and heat lamp in the barn cat condo. The house cats have the pellet stove to sleep in front.
- Tully has made a drastic transformation this past year, going from barn cat to house cat. He purrs when I pick him up, lets me smother him with love, and hangs out on the couch with my husband.
- The best part is that I have an awesome husband to share this with! He loves animals as much as I do, sometimes spoiling them more than me 😉